Did You Know?
We covered everything from Copyright Laws to OT Regulations in our 13 newsletters in 2016.
We assist our clients with the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property in a variety of areas including:
- Deciding when to rely upon patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets — or several in combination — to protect intangible assets.
- Developing and managing patent portfolios to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Advising on the selection, clearance and protection of trademarks, trade names, and domain names.
- Conducting intellectual property audits.
- Implementing effective trade secret protection programs.
- Crafting confidentiality, license, consulting, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- In collaboration with our employment lawyers, defining the scope and duration of non-competition covenants.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence in the context of a variety of transactions.
We also advise clients on the special intellectual property issues that arise in financings and acquisitions, in the participation in industry groups and consortia, and in using open source programs.
Our highly respected IP Team represents clients in a wide range of industries and technology verticals including:
- Software, E-commerce, Telecommunications
- Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
- Publishing, New Media, Interactive Gaming
- Universities, Hospitals, Research Institutions
- Consumer Products
- Direct Dial
- Matal v. Tam:
The Supreme Court Rejects the Prohibition on Disparaging Trademarks
June 22, 2017
- Intellectual Property Attorney Shann Kerner Joins Firm as Partner
May 3, 2017
- Life Sciences Vector - Spring 2017
April 20, 2017
- Ownership of Arising Inventions in Joint Development Agreements
April 19, 2017
- Freedom to Operate
Prevention is the Best Medicine
April 19, 2017
- Doing Well by Doing Good with Visible Good
Understanding intellectual property protection is critical to adding value. Visible Good came to MBBP initially to develop a comprehensive strategy for analyzing and protecting its IP.
- From MIT to the Emmy Awards with iZotope
iZotope has grown impressively from a handful of founders to over 100 employees. As an integral part of their team, MBBP helped guide them through the stages of their business life cycle, leading to their steady success.