Did You Know?
Three MBBP attorneys hold the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) Credential.
We assist our clients with the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property in a variety of areas including:
- Deciding when to rely upon patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets — or several in combination — to protect intangible assets.
- Developing and managing patent portfolios to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Advising on the selection, clearance and protection of trademarks, trade names, and domain names.
- Conducting intellectual property audits.
- Implementing effective trade secret protection programs.
- Crafting confidentiality, license, consulting, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- In collaboration with our employment lawyers, defining the scope and duration of non-competition covenants.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence in the context of a variety of transactions.
We also advise clients on the special intellectual property issues that arise in financings and acquisitions, in the participation in industry groups and consortia, and in using open source programs.
Our highly respected IP Team represents clients in a wide range of industries and technology verticals including:
- Software, E-commerce, Telecommunications
- Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
- Publishing, New Media, Interactive Gaming
- Universities, Hospitals, Research Institutions
- Consumer Products
- Direct Dial
- Recent Growth in the Boston Area Life Sciences Ecosystem
November 13, 2018
- Creating a Strong Trademark
October 15, 2018
- Multicolored Leaves More Inherently Distinctive than Multicolored Trademarks:
TTAB Rules Multicolored Trademarks on Product Packaging Are Never Inherently Distinctive
October 2, 2018
- Patents and Pumpkins
Hidden Soft Spots Can Ruin Them Both
September 18, 2018
- Attorneys Earn IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional Credentials
September 13, 2018
- Privy's Platform Empowers Marketers and Helps Businesses Grow
MBBP supports Privy's legal needs - from financing to privacy policies - so Privy can focus on empowering marketers to build more customer relationships, faster.
- Technology for the Greater Good from The Additive Advantage
While The Additive Advantage team is developing novel technologies for industries such as pharmaceuticals, packaging, and humanitarian efforts, MBBP manages the company's patent, licensing, and other legal needs.
- Leading To a Better Educational Experience with EvoText
From negotiating with The College Board to forming a product entity and beyond, MBBP has helped this educational software leader build custom eLearning solutions for schools, publishers, and businesses.
- Doing Well by Doing Good with Visible Good
Understanding intellectual property protection is critical to adding value. Visible Good came to MBBP initially to develop a comprehensive strategy for analyzing and protecting its IP.