Did You Know?
23 of our 40 attorneys are active on firm blogs. Have you subscribed?
We assist our clients with the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property in a variety of areas including:
- Deciding when to rely upon patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets — or several in combination — to protect intangible assets.
- Developing and managing patent portfolios to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Advising on the selection, clearance and protection of trademarks, trade names, and domain names.
- Conducting intellectual property audits.
- Implementing effective trade secret protection programs.
- Crafting confidentiality, license, consulting, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- In collaboration with our employment lawyers, defining the scope and duration of non-competition covenants.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence in the context of a variety of transactions.
We also advise clients on the special intellectual property issues that arise in financings and acquisitions, in the participation in industry groups and consortia, and in using open source programs.
Our highly respected IP Team represents clients in a wide range of industries and technology verticals including:
- Software, E-commerce, Telecommunications
- Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
- Publishing, New Media, Interactive Gaming
- Universities, Hospitals, Research Institutions
- Consumer Products
- Direct Dial
- Finding Safe Harbor:
Protections from Infringement for Using Patented Inventions During the Regulatory Approval Process
November 21, 2017
- IP News
Copyright Alert: Deadline for DMCA Registered Agents to Submit New Designation Electronically is Quickly Approaching
November 13, 2017
- Celebrating Innovation and Evolution:
Patent Practice 10th Anniversary
November 2, 2017
- Meet the Patent Team!
Celebrating MBBP's 10 Year Patent Practice Anniversary
November 1, 2017
- Client Alert - Happy Halloween!
4 SCARY Facts about the New European Union General Data Protection Regulation
October 31, 2017
- Technology for the Greater Good from The Additive Advantage
While The Additive Advantage team is developing novel technologies for industries such as pharmaceuticals, packaging, and humanitarian efforts, MBBP manages the company's patent, licensing, and other legal needs.
- Leading To a Better Educational Experience with EvoText
From negotiating with The College Board to forming a product entity and beyond, MBBP has helped this educational software leader build custom eLearning solutions for schools, publishers, and businesses.
- Sheprd is Giving the Whole Family a Lift
While Sheprd focuses on the complexities of family transportation, MBBP helps this unique ride-sharing company navigate the path from start-up to financing, and wherever the road may take them next.
- Doing Well by Doing Good with Visible Good
Understanding intellectual property protection is critical to adding value. Visible Good came to MBBP initially to develop a comprehensive strategy for analyzing and protecting its IP.
- From MIT to the Emmy Awards with iZotope
iZotope has grown impressively from a handful of founders to over 100 employees. As an integral part of their team, MBBP helped guide them through the stages of their business life cycle, leading to their steady success.