Did You Know?
Check out our Top 8 Privacy & Data Security tips on YouTube
We assist our clients with the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property in a variety of areas including:
- Deciding when to rely upon patents, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets — or several in combination — to protect intangible assets.
- Developing and managing patent portfolios to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Advising on the selection, clearance and protection of trademarks, trade names, and domain names.
- Conducting intellectual property audits.
- Implementing effective trade secret protection programs.
- Crafting confidentiality, license, consulting, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- In collaboration with our employment lawyers, defining the scope and duration of non-competition covenants.
- Conducting intellectual property due diligence in the context of a variety of transactions.
We also advise clients on the special intellectual property issues that arise in financings and acquisitions, in the participation in industry groups and consortia, and in using open source programs.
Our highly respected IP Team represents clients in a wide range of industries and technology verticals including:
- Software, E-commerce, Telecommunications
- Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals
- Publishing, New Media, Interactive Gaming
- Universities, Hospitals, Research Institutions
- Consumer Products
- Direct Dial
- Trademarks – Use Them (Properly) or Lose Them
How a trademark is used must be managed carefully to protect its value and avoid losing rights and registrations
March 25, 2019
- Supreme Court Rules Works Must Be Registered Before Copyright Owners May Sue
March 21, 2019
- Federal Registration of Trademarks to Protect Intellectual Property
Advantages over common law trademark rights include instant nationwide protection, effective notice to competitors, and ease of assigning, licensing, and defending
February 28, 2019
- Informational Perhaps, But Not a Trademark!
Recent Wal-Mart case before Trademark Trial and Appeal Board shows registering informational slogans remains a difficult endeavor
February 4, 2019
- The California Consumer Privacy Act
Five Ws and an H
January 23, 2019
- Harnessing Powerful Data Assets with eClinical’s Intelligent Data Analytics and Management
MBBP manages the corporate and data privacy compliance needs of eClinical, a clinical trial management software and services provider for large and mid-size pharma companies, and has been fortunate to do so since the Company's inception.
- Privy's Platform Empowers Marketers and Helps Businesses Grow
MBBP supports Privy's legal needs - from financing to privacy policies - so Privy can focus on empowering marketers to build more customer relationships, faster.
- Technology for the Greater Good from The Additive Advantage
While The Additive Advantage team is developing novel technologies for industries such as pharmaceuticals, packaging, and humanitarian efforts, MBBP manages the company's patent, licensing, and other legal needs.
- Leading To a Better Educational Experience with EvoText
From negotiating with The College Board to forming a product entity and beyond, MBBP has helped this educational software leader build custom eLearning solutions for schools, publishers, and businesses.
- Doing Well by Doing Good with Visible Good
Understanding intellectual property protection is critical to adding value. Visible Good came to MBBP initially to develop a comprehensive strategy for analyzing and protecting its IP.