Did You Know?
We represent clients in 41 countries around the globe, providing the core legal services businesses need to succeed.
We serve clients of all sizes, ranging from small technology start-ups to large multinational corporations, and in all industries, including e-commerce, software/hardware, telecom, manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, energy, media and advertising. We also represent colleges and universities and their faculty and researchers.
We regularly represent companies and other sponsoring employers securing the following temporary visas for their employees:
- E-1 and E-2 (Treaty Traders and Investors)
- E-3 (Australian Specialty Occupation Workers)
- F-1 (Students) transitioning to the workforce
- H-1B (Specialty Occupation Workers) and H-1B1 (Free Trade workers from Chile and Singapore)
- J-1 (Exchange Visitors including Interns, Trainees and Short Term Scholars)
- L-1 (Intracompany Transferees)
- O-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
- P-1 (Performers/Athletes)
- TN (NAFTA Professionals)
Immigrant Visa Sponsorship and Permanent Resident Status
We know the best pathways to achieve Permanent Resident Status. Relevant services include:
- PERM labor certification through a sponsoring US employer.
- Employment-based Immigrant Petitions based on:
♦ PERM labor certification;
♦ Sponsorship by a U.S. Employer as a Multinational Manager/Executive;
♦ Sponsorship by a U.S. College/University as an Outstanding Scholar or Researcher;
♦ Self-Sponsorship as an Alien With Extraordinary Ability;
♦ Self-Sponsorship for a National Interest Waiver;
♦ Sponsorship by a U.S. Employer based on Exceptional Ability; and
♦ Family-based Immigrant Petitions across all preference categories.
- Managing the maintenance of foreign national employees’ visa status in mergers and acquisitions.
Preservation of Permanent Resident Status and U.S. Citizenship
We understand the difficulties inherent in securing a Green Card and the importance of being able to subsequently maintain the Green Card status earned. We help our clients map out the most appropriate paths for maintaining and preserving Permanent Resident status. We carefully explore with our clients the appropriate methods for gaining citizenship, and we assist them in securing naturalization to U.S. citizenship. Moreover, we can help our clients determine whether a family member may already be a U.S. citizen through acquisition or derivation.
We have strong connections with a network of immigration law firms around the globe and can provide seamless guidance and assistance to companies seeking to transfer their employees abroad on both short and long-term assignments.
Compliance and Proactive Policies
We advise and instruct our clients in the immigration components of employee hiring, firing, layoffs/reductions in force, Form I-9 compliance and E-Verify. We provide the advice and the tools businesses need to remain compliant with the various regulatory frameworks that apply to U.S. immigration. We ensure that our clients are prepared for Citizenship & Immigration Service and U.S. Department of Labor audits, and we advise them throughout the audit process. We work closely with our clients to develop appropriate internal employment-related immigration policies, assuring compliance and avoiding common traps and pitfalls.
- Successfully transferring an entire executive team from the foreign parent of a large U.S. media company to head up its United States operations.
- Winning Lawful Permanent Resident status for a distinguished Boston-hospital research scientist and her family through a request for exemption of the job offer requirement of the National Interest Waiver (NIW) category.
- Securing PERM labor certification for a key employee of a large IT company whose temporary work visa was expiring, and expediting his immigrant visa petition allowing the employee to extend his work authorization and retain eligibility for adjustment of status to permanent residence.
- Assisting a U.K.-based medical device company CEO to establish a new U.S. subsidiary office, qualify for an intracompany transferee visa and eventual Lawful Permanent Resident status.
- Guiding employers seeking to hire highly-skilled college graduates and retain them in a climate of perpetual H-1B visa shortages.
- Finding a quicker pathway for a distinguished Professor with Permanent Resident status to be able to bring his new spouse to the U.S., reducing the overall wait by more than a year.
- Helping an accomplished PhD win Lawful Permanent Resident status based on Extraordinary Ability and successfully launch a biomedical device company.
- Immigration Alert
President Obama Signs Law that Changes the Visa Waiver Program
December 24, 2015
- Enhanced Immigration Options for Life Science Companies
June 1, 2015
- Frequently Asked Questions on the H-1B Cap
April 24, 2015
- Immigration Alert
Frequently Asked Questions About H-4 EADs
February 27, 2015
- Immigration Alert
The 2016 H-1B Cap to Open on April 1st
February 6, 2015