Did You Know?
MBBP's affiliation with LawExchange International provides our clients with access to local counsel in 29 countries around the world.
We help our fund sponsor clients form and operate private investment funds. When forming new investment funds, we guide our clients through the processes of choosing fund structures, negotiating terms with investors, and implementing sponsor-level ownership and management arrangements. We also advise our clients regarding ongoing fund operations and regulatory compliance matters, including compliance with investment adviser and broker-dealer laws. Our clients include the sponsors of venture capital funds, buyout and other private equity funds, funds of funds, credit and distressed debt funds, royalty funds, real estate funds, and hedge funds. We regularly work with sponsors who are forming their first funds.
We apply our knowledge of forming and operating private funds to help our institutional investor clients evaluate, negotiate, and make investments into private investment funds. We have represented funds of funds, public pension plans, private retirement plans, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, family offices, and other large institutions in hundreds of investments into private investment funds.
Our goal is to help our clients achieve their objectives as effectively, efficiently and pleasantly as possible.
- The representation of private equity funds based in the Northeastern United States formed to acquire controlling interests in companies engaged throughout the United States in various industrial, manufacturing and service businesses;
- The representation of a number of affiliated real estate funds based in the Midwestern United States formed to acquire, lease and manage, through subsidiaries, single-family residences;
- The representation of a number of affiliated funds of funds based in the Southeastern United States formed to invest in, and co-invest with, small private equity funds located throughout the United States;
- The representation of a number of affiliated venture funds based in the Northeastern United States formed to invest primarily in technology companies in the communications, security, media and internet services industries.
- The representation of an entity formed to acquire and manage the equity holdings of the venture arm of an equipment leasing company;
- The representation of a venture fund based in the Northeastern United States formed to invest in companies engaged in businesses related to food.
- Corporate Attorney Joins MBBP
October 29, 2018
- First Time Funds
The fundraising environment is strong; the fundraising process is hard
January 16, 2018
- Adviser Sanctioned for False Statements to Prospective Investors
January 11, 2018
- TPG Pays $12.8 Million to Settle Allegations that it Misled Investors
January 8, 2018
- Attack of the Indirect Investor, Again
September 28, 2017