When litigation is necessary, we work closely with our clients to manage the litigation process and to achieve the best possible results in an efficient and cost-effective manner. We are tenacious advocates on behalf of our clients and we believe that careful preparation early in a case maximizes results and, in the long run, minimizes our clients’ costs.
Administrative claims. We regularly represent clients before administrative agencies including:
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- National Labor Relations Board
- United States Department of Labor.
Litigation. We represent clients in federal and state courts in cases involving claims of:
- Employment discrimination
- ERISA violations
- Wrongful discharge
- Breach of employment/non-competition agreements
- Wage-hour violations.
A Record of Success. We have a tremendous track record of success in handling hundreds of employment related claims in venues across New England and nationally. Some recent highlights of our employment attorneys' successful efforts in litigation and administrative claims include:
- Representing employers in scores of administration charges — with no adverse findings against our clients
- Obtaining early dismissal of several ERISA claims
- Obtaining summary judgment decisions for large national employers in cases asserting claims of age, religion and national origin discrimination
- Achieving a highly favorable settlement of a lawsuit alleging breach of contract, failure to pay wages and COBRA violations at less than 10% of the value of the claims
- Representing employers in a significant sexual harassment matters and obtaining dismissals or favorable settlements in each matter — including obtaining a nuisance value settlement for a large health care provider where allegations against a supervisor included propositions and sexual touching.