Our immigration attorneys provide sophisticated services with a strong emphasis on H, L, O and TN visas as well as the corresponding application for United States permanent residence. We serve companies from small technology start-ups to large multinational corporations in industries including software and hardware, life sciences, gas and oil pipelines, engineering consulting and non-profit public policy.
We typically handle all of a client's immigration work around the United States, working with a company's general counsel or senior-level human resources manager. We process cases in major urban centers throughout the United States including Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Miami, Houston, Chicago and San Francisco.
Some examples of the scope of our immigration work include:
- Successfully transferring an entire executive team from the foreign parent of a large U.S. media company to head up its United States operations
- Winning permanent resident status for a distinguished Boston-hospital research scientist and her family through a request for exemption of the job offer requirement of the National Interest Waiver (NIW) category
- Securing a PERM labor certificate for a key employee of a large IT company whose temporary work visa was expiring, and expediting his immigrant visa petition allowing the employee to extend his work authorization and retain eligibility for permanent residence
- Assisting a U.K.-based medical device company CEO to establish a new U.S. subsidiary office and qualify for an intracompany transferee visa.
Our immigration services include:
- Temporary worker, trader and investor visas, including H-1B (specialty worker), L-1 (intracompany transferee), O-1 (extraordinary ability aliens), E-1 and E-2 (temporary treaty trader and investor) and TN (Canadian and Mexican treaty nationals)
- Permanent residence processing for aliens of extraordinary ability, intracompany executives and managers, outstanding scholars and researchers and skilled and unskilled workers including processing of Alien Labor Certification applications before State and Federal Departments of Labor
- Temporary student visas (F-1 and J-1), trainee visas (H-3 and J-1) and accompanying employment authorization
- Family-based immigrant visas in all categories
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Ancillary immigration matters including visa processing at U.S. Consulates abroad, I-9 issues and audits, development of immigration policies and employment-related immigration matters.
The hallmark of our immigration practice is partner-level attention to every case, and our commitment to service and communication. Our attorneys are the primary point of contact for all work and related issues as an immigration case works through its life cycle. In addition, we provide efficiency and value-added features to improve client service and communication including:
- Online tracking system
- Customized e-mail notification system
- Our e-mail newsletter, Immigration Quarterly
- Exceptional written materials that can be used as a resource guide for both employers and their alien employees.
To learn more about how our unique immigration practice might serve your needs more efficiently and responsively, please contact John Gallini or Don Parker.