Did You Know?
We represent clients in 41 countries around the globe, providing the core legal services businesses need to succeed.
Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton advises and assists a wide range of clients in starting and operating their businesses in the US. Our internationally headquartered clients have included firms and individuals from over 45 countries, including Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, and are involved in the medical device, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, software, private equity, financial services and manufacturing industries, among others. A parent company from another country opening its business in the US faces special concerns in addition to those commonly facing a domestic startup. Companies from around the world seeking a successful launch of their US operations have relied on us for counseling and assistance, and for introductions to our extensive network of trusted providers of other necessary services.
Internationally Headquartered Companies Coming to the US
- Commercial lease for Israeli medical device company launching US operations.
- General counsel for German medical device manufacturer in launching of subsidiary in US and in US operations.
- Representation of Italian software company in establishing US operations.
- Representation of Chinese health supplement company launching US operations.
- Representation of French biotech company launching US operations.
- Representation of US subsidiary of Danish pharmaceutical regulatory consultant.
- Advice to US nonprofit that aggregates all services needed by foreign companies launching US operations.
- Representation of US subsidiary of German food service equipment manufacturer.
- Representation of two Belgium-based VC funds investing solely in cancer therapies, including preclinical stage small molecule and compound companies.
- Representation of Ireland-based preclinical messenger RNA (mRNA) company initially focused on treatment of cancer-based skin and eye diseases.
- Representation of Ireland-based IP holding company licensing mRNA platform technologies to large pharma companies.
- Representation of Brussels- and US-based preclinical sister companies focused on treatment of disease through actakines.
- Structuring and formation of UK and US sister companies and sister company to New Edge Solutions Inc. (DE), a current client, focused on cellular solutions for increasing the functionality and performance of mobile devices.
- Representation of Dublin provider of outsourced technology management and preclinical research and development services to academic medical centers, including The Cleveland Clinic, North Shore Long Island Jewish Community Hospital System, The Charité (Berlin) Healthcare System, Duke Medical, A*Star Singapore Health Systems, and Partners Healthcare Systems.
- Representation of Northern Irish information technology solutions provider in launching of US subsidiary and ongoing representation in US operations.
- Representation of Northern Ireland education technology provider in US operations.
- Representation of US subsidiary of Japanese oncology drug company in its clinical trial, sponsored research, development, and commercial agreements.