Did You Know?
MBBP has had a presence at CIC-Cambridge from its earliest days - 2004 to be exact.
Matters handled by our Business Litigation Group include complex commercial litigation involving breaches of contract, unfair trade practices, breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, misrepresentation, theft of trade secrets, licensing violations, ongoing corporate and partnership management or operational disputes, and dissolution issues.
We also regularly handle disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, including defending against plaintiff strike suits seeking to enjoin a sale and post-closing indemnity claims or breach of warranty claims, and are highly experienced in handling individual actions, derivative actions, and class actions.
Our litigators are experienced in the representation of foreign and international clients in U.S.-based state and federal court litigation having represented clients from Germany, China, Italy, and Australia in such disputes. Our litigators also team with an international group of law firms with offices in countries that cover 80% of the world’s GDP so that they can seamlessly provide litigation services to our domestic clients who find themselves involved in litigation or adversarial proceedings in other countries.
- Health care provider in breach of contract actions.
- Private equity fund in dispute over management and control of portfolio company.
- Seller in post-closing indemnity claims brought by a Fortune 200 company.
- Buyer in post-closing indemnity claims concerning breaches of representations and earn out issues.
- Private equity funds in SEC investigations.
- Seller and board of directors in five class actions challenging sale of public company in the seismic exploration space.
- Seller and board of directors in five class actions challenging sale of public company in the health care space.
- Amanda Phillips Appointed as Hearing Officer for MA Board of Bar Overseers
January 30, 2019
- Top 13 Tips in Responding to a Complaint
January 31, 2018
- Top 11 Tips in Responding to a Subpoena
January 16, 2018
- Morse's Amanda Phillips Named Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly 2017 Up & Coming Lawyer
March 6, 2017
- Wait a Minute Mr. Postman...
How To Respond To a Demand Letter for Life Sciences Companies
July 12, 2016