Did You Know?
We post quick, easy to view legal tip videos to our YouTube Channel.
Check out our videos!
Our attorneys have an extensive and nuanced understanding of this rapidly-evolving industry, and consequently have the tools to properly serve their clients regarding development and publishing, provision of services, technology and content.
Our seasoned attorneys have broad experience counseling companies in the games and interactive entertainment industry, and have also frequently advised non-game companies that incorporate rewards-based or other “gamification” features into their products, including companies engaged in the following:
- Mobile Games
- Social Network other Online Games
- Console Games
- PC/Mac Games
- Online Simulators
- Educational and Health-Related Games
Our attorneys include the founder of the New England Games Special Interest Group of the MIT Enterprise Forum and the former director of licensing and strategic alliances for the then- largest educational game company in the world. Our attorneys have negotiated agreements with Nintendo, Vivendi Universal Group, Time Warner Interactive, Sony Online Entertainment, Linden Lab, Electronic Arts, NCSoft, Ubisoft, THQ, and CCP.
Legal Services to Games & Interactive Entertainment Companies
We regularly assist clients by providing these and other legal services:
- Structuring, drafting and negotiation of all forms of agreements relating to interactive entertainment, including:
→ Developer-publisher agreements
→ Distribution agreements
→ Affiliate label agreements
→ Promotion and endorsement agreements
→ Non-disclosure agreements
→ Middleware license agreements
→ Service agreements
- Trademark protection
- Copyright protection
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) analysis
- Defamation and right of publicity advice
- Content and advertising review
- Contest and sweepstakes review
- Entity formation and general corporate matters
- Venture capital, angel and debt financings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Tax planning
- Employment and independent contractor matters, including drafting and review of non-compete and IP assignment agreements
- Equity incentive and revenue sharing arrangements
- Direct Dial
- Amanda Schreyer Joins MBBP as Counsel
August 25, 2017
- Corporate Attorney Michael Jabbawy Joins Firm as Partner
March 15, 2017
- 2015 M&A Deals
A sampling of the year's M&A transactions
March 31, 2016
- Privacy for the Peeple
October 27, 2015
- FTC’s Recommended Best Practices for Mobile Privacy Disclosures
November 14, 2013
- From MIT to the Emmy Awards with iZotope
iZotope has grown impressively from a handful of founders to over 100 employees. As an integral part of their team, MBBP helped guide them through the stages of their business life cycle, leading to their steady success.