Tales from the Trenches: Reflections on Successful Exits
May 18, 2017 — Thursday
4:30pm — 6:00pm
WhereCambridge Innovation Center - CIC
1 Broadway, 5th Floor - Havana Room
Cambridge, MA 02142
The journey from promising idea to company formation to eventual exit is fraught with challenges and uncertainty; success depends upon many factors and a lot of luck. As experienced entrepreneurs and investors will say, there is no one-size-fits-all plan to achieving a 10x multiple. In this program, our panel of successful entrepreneurs from different industries will share stories about how they built and eventually sold their companies to large strategic acquirers.
Please join us for a lively discussion from our impressive panel of entrepreneurs focusing on questions such as:
- How did your business plan change since inception?
- Looking back at the lifecycle of your company, what should you have done differently?
- In your view, is securing venture or angel funding necessary to scale and grow a business?
- What value did your investors, advisors and board contribute to your success?
- Were there instances where the tension between management, investors and the board seemed insurmountable and, if so, how did you overcome this?
- Regarding term sheets, what aspects required your personal attention and what was comfortably handled by your attorneys?
- Were there multiple exit opportunities available to you and, if so, how did you choose?
- What advice would you give entrepreneurs aspiring to be acquired?
The panel discussion will be preceded by a review of Q1 Series A financing activity in the northeast.
Scott Bleier, Member, Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton
- Direct Dial