Michael’s practice is focused primarily in the areas of emerging and growth technology companies, venture capital, M&A transactions, and corporate governance.
As a member of the Corporate Department, Michael advises technology and other emerging companies through each stage of growth, counseling founders, management teams and boards on pre-incorporation and formation matters, corporate governance, employment matters and strategic commercial transactions, equity and debt fundraising activities, and mergers and acquisitions. He also serves as lead counsel to venture capital investors in connection with venture and growth equity investments in operating companies as well as the management of a fund’s portfolio companies.
Michael’s pro bono practice concentrates on representing artists and other organizations aimed at fostering creativity. He is an active member of the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts of MA, an organization which provides legal services to artists in Massachusetts and also contributes pro bono legal services to the Art Resource Collaborative for Kids, a non-profit that empowers children with arts education to foster culture and community.
Prior to joining MBBP, Michael was a member of the Technology Companies group at Goodwin Procter LLP.
- Represented VentureApp, a professional network software platform, in its $5 million Series A equity financing, led by Accomplice, Boston Seed Capital and Fullstack ventures.
- Represented Highland Capital Partners in its lead investments in Rent the Runway, Turbonomic, Leap Motion, Rethink Robotics and Remote Year.
- Represented Accomplice in its lead investment in Teachable’s $4m Series A equity financing.
- Represented Invaluable, a live auction / e-commerce platform provider, in its $33.75 million growth equity financing, led by Insight Venture Partners.
- Represented Disruptor Beam, a video gaming company, in its $5 million Series A equity financing, led by GrandBanks Capital, Common Angels and Midverse Studio.
- Represented Advanced Practice Strategies, a medical education software company, in its $14 million growth equity financing, led by River Cities Capital.
- Represented Spark Capital in its lead investments in Upworthy’s $12 million Series A equity financing and eToro Group’s $30 million Series D equity financing.
- Represented Insight Ventures as a selling shareholder in Wix.com Ltd’s initial public offering.
- Represented Goldman Sachs as lead underwriter in ecommerce software platform provider Demandware’s initial public offering of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange and subsequent follow-on offering.
- Represented Fleetmatics Group PLC, a leading global provider of commercial fleet management solutions, in its initial public offering of common stock on the New York Stock Exchange and three subsequent follow-on offerings.
- Represented Broadhop, a provider of next-generation policy control and service management technology for carrier networks, in its sale to Cisco.
- Represented SiGe, a semiconductor company which designs and offers radio frequency integrated circuits and multi-chip modules, in its sale to Skyworks Solutions.
Outside the office
Some of Michael’s favorite things include his wife, Lindsay, and son, Max, spending time in nature at the beach or in the mountains, photography and abstract painting.
News & Events
- Corporate Attorney Michael Jabbawy Joins Firm as Partner
March 15, 2017
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Cornell University, B.A.
- New York
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Public Company Representation
- Startups & Emerging Companies
- Venture Capital