Scott leads the Firm's Employment and Labor practice group. His broad experience as both in-house and outside counsel to employers allows him to guide clients through the full spectrum of legal issues that arise from the employment relationship. He focuses on providing practical advice to quickly achieve clients’ business objectives. When litigation cannot be prevented, Scott brings to bear his extensive employment litigation experience, which includes successfully trying cases through jury verdict.
He regularly represents clients in court and before federal and state agencies in cases involving claims of employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage-hour violations, breach of contract, and litigation involving non-competition and trade secret matters.
Scott also serves the legal needs of executives, professionals (including physicians and dentists), and consultants as they enter and exit their key employment, partnership, and independent contractor relationships. He regularly advises and negotiates on behalf of executives concerning the terms of their employment, separation, equity, change in control, and other key business agreements.
Scott has been a featured speaker on employment and labor law topics at events hosted by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, the Boston Bar Association, Boston College Law School, Babson College, and MIT.
House Passes Bill Restricting Employee Noncompetition Agreements, Employment Law Alert
Will We See Non-Compete Reform Enacted This Year?, Employment Law Alert
“Policies to Guide Employee Conduct and Respond to Misconduct” in MCLE’s book Drafting Employment Documents in Massachusetts (3rd Edition 2015)
Outside the office
Scott completed six years of military service as an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, including an expeditionary deployment to Mogadishu, Somalia. He received five Marine Corps Achievement and Commendation Medals and the General Wheeler Leadership Award and was honorably discharged with the rank of Major.
He spends his free time at his sons’ lacrosse and soccer games and hiking in New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest.
News & Events
- Life Sciences Vector - Spring 2018
May 8, 2018
- Changes to Massachusetts Equal Pay Law Coming in July 2018
April 30, 2018
- Board Members and Investors Found Not Personally Liable Under Massachusetts Wage Act
January 22, 2018
- Firing Executives for Cause
Recent Case Offers Lessons
April 6, 2017
- 10 Points for Reviewing Executive Employment Agreements
April 3, 2017
- Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude;
Boston College Law Review
- Harvard College, B.A., cum laude
- Massachusetts Bar
- District Court of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Claim Defense & Litigation
- Counseling & Preventive Practices
- Employment Litigation
- Executive & Professional Representation
- Educational Institutions & Hospitals
- Games & Interactive Entertainment
- Life Sciences
- Manufacturing & Construction
- Medical Devices
- Non Profits & Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Publishing & Media
- Retail & Professional Services
- Software, Hardware & the Internet