Dr. Stanley F. Chalvire is a Registered Patent Attorney, specializing in patent prosecution, licensing of intellectual property and related counseling. Stan advises clients in developing and implementing strategies to protect their intellectual property, with a particular focus on clients in the life sciences industry.
Stan counsels clients with respect to the preparation and prosecution of utility patents and design patents, the evaluation of intellectual property portfolios and regulatory exclusivity matters. Stan also supports clients’ domestic and international licensing initiatives by conducting in-depth due diligence evaluations and by negotiating and drafting a variety of license, development and supply agreements.
Prior to beginning his legal career Stan practiced as a Registered Pharmacist in both clinical and retail settings, advising physicians and patients with regard to the optimization of drug therapies, the identification and resolution of drug-drug and drug-disease state interactions, and performing drug utilization reviews.
- Represented Oscient Pharmaceuticals Corporation in its $78 million purchase of the U.S. rights to the cardiovascular drug Antara (fenofibrate) from Reliant Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented Oscient Pharmaceuticals Corporation in its acquisition of worldwide rights to Ramoplanin from Pfizer Inc. subsidiary Vicuron Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Represented Agrivida, Inc. in its research alliance with Syngenta Ventures to develop advanced crop technology and provide Agrivida access to Syngenta crop technology and intellectual property.
- Represented ETEX Corporation in its sale to Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Curadel, Inc. in its in-licensure of imaging technology from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Represented ProQR Therapeutics B.V. in its in-licensure of technology from Massachusetts General Hospital for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Represented Virgin Pulse, Inc. in its in-licensure of trademarks from Virgin Enterprises Limited.
- Represented MacSpeech, Inc., a provider of speech recognition software, in its sale to Nuance Communications.
- Represented Outside The Classroom, Inc., a provider of the largest online alcohol prevention course AlcoholEdu®, in its sale to EverFi, Inc.
Presenter, Intellectual Property Approaches to Safeguard Value, a Med DevGroup Boston forum.
Presenter, Legal Perspectives on Conducting Business in the U.S., swissnex Boston
Presenter, ABC’s for Life Sciences Entrepreneurs: From Start-Up to Exit, CIC series
Presenter, Pharmaceutical Patent Protection and Enforcement Conference in Baltimore, Maryland
Presenter, Power of Trade Secrets: When Not To Patent Your Invention, Med Dev Group
News & Events
- Celebrating Innovation and Evolution:
Patent Practice 10th Anniversary
November 2, 2017
- Meet the Patent Team!
Celebrating MBBP's 10 Year Patent Practice Anniversary
November 1, 2017
- Sandoz Inc. v. Amgen Inc.
Supreme Court Clarifies BPCIA Provisions
August 24, 2017
- Life Sciences Vector - Summer 2017
August 24, 2017
- Life Sciences Vector - Spring 2017
April 20, 2017
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, B.S., Pharm.D.
- Massachusetts Bar
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office