A member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group and its M&A Practice Group, Jonathan primarily concentrates his practice in the areas of general corporate and securities law, focusing on M&A, private equity, venture capital and angel financing transactions, as well as on general corporate representation.
Jonathan is actively involved with clients from formation to fundraising to liquidity event, and spends considerable time counseling clients through M&A transactions on both the buy side and sell side. He serves as outside general counsel to many privately-held emerging and middle-market companies, representing multiple industries.
Prior to joining MBBP, Jonathan was a corporate associate at Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP in Vancouver, Canada, and then at a prominent Boston firm. In addition to his years in private practice, Jonathan served as corporate counsel at LoJack Corporation, a publicly traded technology company, affording him real insight into the particular needs and concerns of in-house counsel.
- Represented Virgin Pulse, Inc., a habits-focused well-being company, in connection with an investment led by Insight Venture Partners.
- Represented Diversified Project Management, Inc., a leading provider of owner’s project management services in the New England region, in connection with its acquisition by STV.
- Represented Advanced Precision Products, Inc., a leading manufacturer of highly engineered components and products for oil &gas, medical, aerospace, automotive, military and commercial OEMs, in connection with its acquisition by Precision Engineered Products, LLC.
- Represented Integra Companies, Inc., a leading single-source provider of fluid handling solutions for high purity applications, in connection with its acquisition by VWR.
- Represented Danlin Industries, Inc., a supplier of specialty chemicals to the oil and gas industry, in its sale to Arsenal Capital Partners.
- Represented Fluid Management Holdings, LLC, a provider of water hauling, disposal and acid services for oil & gas exploration and production companies, and CP Well Testing Holding Corp., a provider of flowback and well testing services in support of oil & gas exploration and production companies, in its sale to Prospect Capital Corporation.
Outside the office
At Northeastern University, Jonathan was a member of the Varsity Men’s Hockey Team. When outside of the office, he can be found playing hockey year round and golf when permitted by the New England climate.